Saturday, January 9, 2010

Taking the Long Way

So, I have decided to join the land of the blogging. I figure, I used to be pretty dedicated to my xanga, I can do this right? I was blogging before blogging was cool. Plus, you know, everyone's doing it. Which pretty much contradicts why I named my blog what I did. More on that...

...if you actually know me in real life you know I'm a total Dixie Chicks fan. So as I'm sitting here thinking about what to name this thing (even googling "cool names for blogs"), I went to my old stand-by favorite group. I always really identified with the song "The Long Way Around" off of their Taking the Long Way album. It came out when I lived in California and was wrestling with whether or not I wanted to stay there. Megan was just leaving, so I was feeling fairly uncertain. After all, most of my friends finished college, found a place they wanted to live, and started their careers. I on the other hand wanted to do anything but be a teacher, and didn't have a clue in the world where to live. My mom and step dad lived in Montana, and what was bringing me back to Wichita? So, on what can only be called a whim, I headed west. I had a great job, but by no means was it a career. Which brings me back to the song. Only now am I living a life I had pictured...i.e. Taking the Long Way. (Of course back then imagining my life I always had a husband and kids by now! Yikes!)

Anyway, my blog won't probably have much to do with my actual life. (i.e. went to work today, watched tv, etc.) I just often find random things that I wish I had someone to tell, but instead of bothering my friends with inane text messages, I can just write it on here and feel as though I told someone--the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment