Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bodybuilding.com

Not that I'm a big believer in New Year's resolutions, but prior to Christmas I had been waiting to get a Wii so I could use the Wii fit to work out. So, that kind of coincides with New Year's, hence it's sort of a resolution.

I've been doing well working out with my Biggest Loser game. I think I've worked out 7 out of the last 12 days. Today at work we were talking about calorie counting, which I had been halfheartedly doing w/ the Biggest Loser game. But thanks to Diane, I signed up for myfitnesspal.com. It's awesome! I had entered my meals for the last couple days on the Biggest Loser game so I kind of transferred that over. Here's something I see as a problem. I am eating practically no protein! As in, I am eating under half of what is my recommended daily intake. No wonder I'm so hungry! So my solution is, of course, turn to the internet. I researched about protein bars and powders. Read tons of reviews, and ended up at bodybuilding.com. Now I'm not looking to be a body builder, but they had a great search where you could input what was important...calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc. I stumbled across a protein powder called Dedicated Woman: Women's Whey. I totally bought some! It is a good amount of protein (27 grams--I'm currently only getting like 30 a day) and 125 calories a serving. Unfortunately the chocolate (which got rave reviews) is on backorder, but hopefully they'll have it again soon and ship it to me. I don't know that I'll love it or have it every day or anything, however I'm really excited to try it! I am often hungry (for instance--right now even though I just 2 hours ago). Maybe this will be a good meal/snack replacement. I'll let all my faithful followers (all 2 or 3 of you) know once I get it.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to it.

    -Faithful Follower #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of trying something like that. I'm curious to hear more!

    ReplyDelete