Sunday, January 24, 2010

Accomplishment!

First of all, tiny baby boy Jace was born Friday and is doing well. He was full term but small...4 lb 2 oz and 16 inches (the size of many preemies). He is still in the hospital and will be for the next few days. He has jaundice and is in a light bed. Sad for Memaw, he cannot be held unless he is being fed. But they think he'll get to come home on Wednesday perhaps. Big Jace has been going back and forth between the hospital and the funeral home. His son's funeral is on Tuesday. How sad.

Now on to my big accomplishment. In my whole life, I have never had the ability to run. In 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, etc. I dreaded the "mile" day. I always walked it. Here are 2 specific memories I have. One, I tried to run because my teacher yelled at me. I ran a bit of it. When I got done, I put my head between my knees and threw up. Two, in 8th grade, we were on the track. My teacher left another girl and I out there to finish up by ourselves because everyone else was done. So, not fond memories.

Today, I went to my mom's house to use her treadmill and I just felt in the zone. I decided today was going to be the day I ran a mile. I tried last summer, and never got there...got to about .75. Well, I got to .75 today and just decided to make myself keep going. So, today is monumental. I did indeed run a whole mile. I feel pretty darn good about that. I'm quite the athlete now. :)

3 comments: